04.10.2019 / News
Welcome to the Walk of Fame Finland – 11 stars shine on the streetFinland’s first international Walk of Fame for music has been inaugurated in Tampere. The street route on Åkerlundinkatu, nex to Tampere Hall, is a tribute to Finnish music, artists, musicians and producers. In the first phase, eleven star plates were embedded in the walk of fame street route, located on Åkerlundinkatu in the Tulli region of Tampere. Seven of the star plates honour Finland’s biggest national and international artists and professionals in the music industry. The public’s suggestions for the names to be immortalised on Finland’s Walk of Fame were collected last spring. The music industry professionals that received their own star on the street were:
- rap artist Cheek
- Manserock pioneer and musician Juice Leskinen
- Manserock band Popeda
- singer Katri Helena
- Finland’s internationally most successful contemporary composer Kaija Saariaho
- Finland’s national composer Jean Sibelius
- music entrepreneur, pioneer in the music industry Epe Helenius.
- Anna Hildur (2018), promoter of Nordic music export and Rein Lang (2010), Estonian cultural influencer
- Pelle Lidell (2017), successful Swedish music publisher and Onta Shiroh Kawaguchi (2016) who has a history of exporting Finnish music groups to the Japanese market
- Holger Tiefenbach (2015), messenger of Finnish metal music and Helen Sildna (2014), founder of Tallinn Music Week
- Jonas Sjöström (2013), advocate for indie music groups and Jan Sneum (2012), music photographer and journalist.