- Ticket sales
- Event organisers
- Moomin groups
- Food & Drink
The 25th Anniversary edition of WOMEX, the World Music Expo came to an end on Sunday.
Over the course of five days, 23 – 27 October, the event hosted over 2,500 music professionals from 83 countries, more than 60 musical acts with 260 artists representing over 47 countries, 17 music-based documentaries from across the globe, 25 conference sessions with 110 speakers, mentoring opportunities with 8 experts, 20 network meetings and offWOMEX presentations.
The WOMEX Academy, in its second year, welcomed the young generation of music professionals consisting of 32 candidates from 15 countries through 3 different projects in partnership with SuCarMus, the World Pitch Programme and the Sibelius Academy.
Being held in its northernmost location to date, WOMEX was well-received by the local community and saw the highest participation from the wider Nordic region and Baltic states. The Finnish debut saw first-time exhibitors in the Trade Fair from China, Taiwan and Japan and a record number of Russian and Indigenous delegates. WOMEX was once again a celebration of both diversity and inclusion.
WOMEX 19 at a Glance:
• More than 2,500 professionals (including 260 performing artists) from 83 countries representing 1,250 companies.
• 850 event promoters.
• 520 labels, publishers and distributors.
• 410 governmental, educational and other institutions.
• 660 individual booking agents, 610 managers and 300 producers.
• 250 national and international journalists.
• A bustling Trade Fair with 670 exhibiting companies from 55 countries at 250 stands.
• More than 60 showcase acts with 260 musicians representing 47 countries on 6 stages.
• The eighth WOMEX Club Summit
• 110 speakers and mentors from 40 countries in 25 conference sessions; 20 network meetings and offWOMEX presentations and 8 expert Mentorings.
• 17 music-based documentaries from across the globe divided into Market and Public Screenings alongside a Film Library, with 13 attending filmmakers, producers and artists representing their films.
•The Opening concert ‘Arctic Fire – POHJOISET TULET’.
• Two WOMEX Awards honouring Kayan Kalhor from Iran/USA; Julie’s Bicycle from the UK.
• WOMEX Academy 2019: welcoming the young generation of music professionals this year with 32 fellows from 15 countries through 3 different projects! (From Aruba, Bulgaria, Colombia, Cyprus, Denmark, Greece, Hungary, Finland, France, Germany, Israel, Nepal, Palestine, Poland, Romania, Serbia!)
• The WOMEX Radio Studio organised by NRK (Norway), RBB (Germany), EBU/Euroradio (European Broadcasting Union) and this year’s local media partners Yle (Finnish Broadcasting Company)