- Ticket sales
- Event organisers
- Moomin groups
- Food & Drink
The 25th Anniversary edition of WOMEX, the World Music Expo came to an end on Sunday.
Over the course of five days, 23 – 27 October, the event hosted over 2,500 music professionals from 83 countries, more than 60 musical acts with 260 artists representing over 47 countries, 17 music-based documentaries from across the globe, 25 conference sessions with 110 speakers, mentoring opportunities with 8 experts, 20 network meetings and offWOMEX presentations.
The WOMEX Academy, in its second year, welcomed the young generation of music professionals consisting of 32 candidates from 15 countries through 3 different projects in partnership with SuCarMus, the World Pitch Programme and the Sibelius Academy.
Being held in its northernmost location to date, WOMEX was well-received by the local community and saw the highest participation from the wider Nordic region and Baltic states. The Finnish debut saw first-time exhibitors in the Trade Fair from China, Taiwan and Japan and a record number of Russian and Indigenous delegates. WOMEX was once again a celebration of both diversity and inclusion.
WOMEX 19 at a Glance:
• More than 2,500 professionals (including 260 performing artists) from 83 countries representing 1,250 companies.
• 850 event promoters.
• 520 labels, publishers and distributors.
• 410 governmental, educational and other institutions.
• 660 individual booking agents, 610 managers and 300 producers.
• 250 national and international journalists.
• A bustling Trade Fair with 670 exhibiting companies from 55 countries at 250 stands.
• More than 60 showcase acts with 260 musicians representing 47 countries on 6 stages.
• The eighth WOMEX Club Summit
• 110 speakers and mentors from 40 countries in 25 conference sessions; 20 network meetings and offWOMEX presentations and 8 expert Mentorings.
• 17 music-based documentaries from across the globe divided into Market and Public Screenings alongside a Film Library, with 13 attending filmmakers, producers and artists representing their films.
•The Opening concert ‘Arctic Fire – POHJOISET TULET’.
• Two WOMEX Awards honouring Kayan Kalhor from Iran/USA; Julie’s Bicycle from the UK.
• WOMEX Academy 2019: welcoming the young generation of music professionals this year with 32 fellows from 15 countries through 3 different projects! (From Aruba, Bulgaria, Colombia, Cyprus, Denmark, Greece, Hungary, Finland, France, Germany, Israel, Nepal, Palestine, Poland, Romania, Serbia!)
• The WOMEX Radio Studio organised by NRK (Norway), RBB (Germany), EBU/Euroradio (European Broadcasting Union) and this year’s local media partners Yle (Finnish Broadcasting Company)
The cookie settings on this website are set to "allow cookies" to give you the best browsing experience possible. If you continue to use this website without changing your cookie settings or you click "Accept" below then you are consenting to this.